Marrying A Foreign Partner In The United States

About Me
Staying In The Country I Love

About a year ago, I realized that my work papers were almost up. I could tell that I needed some more time, so I began focusing more seriously on doing what I could to make things right. I began focusing on all of the different ways to stay in the country, and I just kept coming back to the idea that I should talk with an attorney. I spoke with several different lawyers, and after filing the paperwork, I felt ready to fight for my right to stay in the home that I loved. It was really interesting to me to see how much better I felt knowing that I had the option to stay. Check out this blog for more information.


Marrying A Foreign Partner In The United States

24 March 2018
 Categories: , Blog

Traveling internationally leads to meeting people from all around the world, and sometimes even finding that special someone. The biggest roadblock with falling in love with someone from a different country is that it can be difficult for them to visit or move to the United States of America (U.S.A.). If you are in a relationship with a foreigner and want to move forward with getting married, bringing him or her to the U.S.A. will be easier with help from an immigration attorney. There are also a few things that you will need to do to assist the attorney with handling your case. Browse through the information in this article to learn how you can bring your partner to the U.S.A. to get married.

Gather a Sufficient Amount of Photographs

The most important thing that is involved with bringing a foreign partner to the U.S.A. for marriage is to prove the legitimacy of the relationship. It isn't uncommon for people to get married under false pretenses in an effort to gain permanent residency in the U.S.A. One of the things that you can use to prove the legitimacy of your relationship is to gather a lot of photos that were taken with your partner. You might also want to include photos that were taken with his or her family members, as well as yours if there are any available. If any photos were taken while traveling with your partner, they will make great evidence as well.

Obtain Documents to Prove Communication

If you have not spent a lot of time in person with your foreign partner, you must be able to prove the legitimacy of the relationship in another way. For instance, you can show the immigration authorities how often you and your partner communicates. Phone records, emails, and making contact on social media websites can all be used for proving that you and your partner always communicate. Keep in mind that providing evidence that involves intimate conversations might be necessary because it proves that there is a romantic relationship going on between you and your partner.

Get in Touch with an Immigration Attorney

You can attempt going through the process of bringing your partner to the U.S.A. on your own, but the chance of things going right will be lower than if an attorney was assisting. Hire an immigration attorney because he or she will know the fullest extent of evidence that should be used to prove your relationship. The attorney can also fill out all of the documents that are required to get your foreigner partner a visa. Filling out the documents on your own might lead to you leaving out important information and delaying the visa application process. Speak to an attorney, like those at Tesoroni & Leroy, about your needs as soon as possible to get the visa process started.